As we are a startup, helping startups, the HACKcelerator guidelines below are subject to change along with the overall market. But for now… here it is
- No application necessary. To get your spot in the HACKcelerator you’ll have to Hack your way in! Our hackathons end on June 15th and that’s when the program begins. Until then we’ll be hosting 35 hackathons around the world. The winner from each event will win entry into the below program. In some cities, a second team will be offered a flex position in the program. These teams will submit to a second interview in June.
- Flex teams will be notified of their acceptance by June 15th. Teams will have until June 16th to accept the offer.
- Once accepted, we’ll immediately begin mentor introductions. We provide mentors for 12 weeks and each team will be paired with 1-2 mentors from their home city in addition to having access to our mentor network in Silicon Valley. We’ll also begin helping teams to incorporate, which they are required to do by July 30th.
- We provide mentorship for 10 weeks, discounted lodging in San Francisco for 10 days, tickets to TechCrunch Disrupt, and opportunities to showcase your startup to investors and influencers around the world, and a travel stipend for your team ($550 for US teams // $1100 for international teams). In return we ask for 2% of the company we are helping you build.
- While we do not invest financially in teams, we do work with investors and incubators around the world to bring our teams to the next level. We act as more of a pre-accelerator than anything else. Previous teams have gone on to attend Y-Combinator, TechStars, AngelPad, MassChallenge, 500 Startups, and more..
- At the end of the 10 weeks, you’ll be invited to Silicon Valley (Sept 2nd-13th). Here you’ll present your startup at Global Demo Day to a room of over 300 investors, influencers, and media. The goal of this event is to receive interest and follow-up meetings with investors. Very little money is raised at this event… the majority comes to teams in the 7 days that follow. The top ten teams at Global Demo Day will receive booths at TechCrunch Disrupt SF and the rest will receive tickets.
- On September 7th-11th, the #1 startup conference in the world, TechCrunch Disrupt SF, will be held in San Francisco. We’ll be working on ways to get all members of our program tickets to this event and for some lucky teams, the chance to present in Startup Ally
- On September 12th-13th, we’ll coordinate additional investor events for you.
- The HACKcelerator ends on September 15th, but the intros and support are there as long as you need it. You may decide to stay in San Francisco, you may decide to go back home, either way, we’re here to help you get to the next step.