AngelHack 2019 : London
IBM Client Centre London
76/78 Upper Ground, Lambeth, London SE1 9PZ, UK
76/78 Upper Ground, Lambeth, London SE1 9PZ, UK
AngelHack’s Global Hackathon Series 2019
The Global Hackathon Series was initially started by a small community of technologists with one goal in mind: to develop opportunity wherever possible.
What started as a way for creators to connect and move their ideas forward turned into a global revolution. Soon, innovators from around the world were joining forces to elevate themselves and their platform – all of which was done through Hackathons.
And while we’ve seen lots of changes since the early Hackathon days, one thing has remained the same – innovators are continuing to rise. Innovators rise to meet opportunity, they rise from failure, they rise from all corners of the globe, and they lend a hand to help others rise with them. It’s why the Global Hackathon Series is still going strong to this day, because Hackathons and the opportunities they create allow people to rise, together.
We offer our own Grand Prize AND team up with awesome sponsors who have their own challenges and prizes you can go after. Aiming for the HACKcelerator invite? Only in it for some cool hardware? Good news, you can go for as many challenges as you want!
AngelHack Challenge: Challenge yourself and your entrepreneurial spirit. Make something innovative without limits, something that brings positive change to the world, even something that solves a small problem. It’s that simple.
AngelHack Prize: The winning team from each hackathon will receive $500 and an invite into AngelHack’s HACKcelerator program.
AWS Challenge: Using AWS Amplify: Build a mobile or web application that connects to at least one AWS service provided by the Amplify framework.
AWS Prize: The best working mobile or web app that connects to at least one AWS Amplify service will win one (1) Echo Spot per team member.
Challenge: Use one or more IBM Cloud services (for example, web, mobile, data, analytics, AI, IoT, or weather) to build an application that improves disaster preparedness, response, or recovery with a focus on the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
Accept the Call for Code Challenge to sign up an IBM Cloud account then start building with the visual recognition drone lab. You can also explore other sample code on the Call for Code site.
Prize: One winning submitted project will receive $1k per team and $500/month IBM Cloud credits per team member for 6 months.
Improve what you build after this hackathon and submit it for the Call for Code 2019 Global Challenge by July 29th for a shot at $200,000 and open source deployment support from the IBM Code and Response initiative.
AngelHack Hackathon Rules
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these:
1. Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review – Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP – You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size – No more than five people.
5. Submissions – Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.iopage where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
6. Demos – You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
7. Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our Code of Conduct.
How is the hackathon judged?
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria, with a total of 5 points per criteria:
- Fundability: How fundable is this idea? Is there potential for a sustainable business model? Is this scalable? (0-5 points)
- Execution: How well was the project executed and explained? Did they add a demo video? (0-5 points)
- UI/UX: Beyond design, was the end-to-end user experience for the solution considered? (0-5 points)
- Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea? Is there a competitive advantage? (0-5 points)
- Team: Is there a diverse team presented? Do they have a range of complementary skill sets for the project? (0-5 points)
Know someone who would make a great judge of awesomeness and innovation? Nominate them (or yourself!) at info@angelhack (dot) com
9:00 AM : Doors Open & Breakfast
10:00 AM : Opening Ceremony, Sponsor Welcomes, & Team Building
11:00 AM : Coding Kick Off
1:00 PM : Lunch
2:00 PM : Sponsor Breakout Sessions
2:00 – 5:00 PM : Tech mentoring available
7:00 PM : Dinner
8:00 PM : Pitch Workshop
12:00 AM : Deadline: All teams must have a profile listed on hackathon.io
*Venue open overnight
8:30 AM : Breakfast
9:00 AM : Mandatory Pitch Practice Session
12:00 PM : Lunch
2:00 PM : Code Freeze & Submission Deadline
2:00 PM : A/V Check
2:30 PM : Demos
4:30 PM : Winners are Announced / Prizes!