In the realm of blockchain and everything Web3, we’re seeing big shifts happening constantly.
Thousands of innovators work every day to redefine the path of Web3. And we’re thrilled to know that the next big thing could be from you. It could be your first or tenth blockchain project, and we at Algo HackJam want to be there to witness your project ideas come to life.
Create a project that interacts with DeFi, NFTs, or decentralized gaming on the Algorand blockchain infrastructure. Plus, get the chance to win from a prize pool of 30,500 ALGO tokens and build meaningful connections along the way.
We can’t wait to see what you build. It’s time – let’s hack on.
This one’s for everyone new to the space – If you’re looking to contribute any idea to the ecosystem by proposing ideas that Algorand can adopt in the future, you’re at the right place. So if you’re looking to learn about the Algorand ecosystem, understand the basic infrastructure of the blockchain, or just contribute the next cool project idea for the chain then this is the track for you.
Put forward your best idea and stand a chance to get the opportunity to attend an Algorand Foundation-organised developer event in September! P.S. Flights & accommodations are paid for.
- Project submissions to follow Submission Artefacts found in Participant’s Guide.
The open hack of this hackathon with a focus on DeFi, this track encourages hackers to tap into their creativity and explore project ideas to accelerate the development of a next-generation DeFi ecosystem. Here are some project ideas/applications you can build to get you started:
- A Lending/Borrowing Platform • DeFi
You asked and we heard. This one’s for all the professionals who’s been in the game for a while now – this is your chance to build something revolving around GameFi dApps. GameFi has a lot of domains that developers can explore and there’s no better time to venture into it than now. Metaverse games, Gaming NFTs, Gaming DAOs or play-to-earn (P2E) games – you name it, you build it.
- Join the AngelHack Discord Server and verify yourself on the server to receive updates and connect with the rest of the hacker community.
- Go through the Hacker’s Checklist (found in Participant’s Guide).
- Familiarize yourself with the technology by taking a look through the resources.
- Attend the community sessions during the pre-hackathon and hacking period.
- Start forming your hack teams! Take a look at the Hackers’ Directors (found in Participant’s Guide) page for more information.
- If you are not with a team yet, head into the Free Agents’ Portal, update your profile and start teaming up with other Free Agents.
- If you are forming or joining a team, or have decided to hack solo, register your team via our Free Agents Portal and update your team’s profile over at the Teams’ Directory Portal.
This event is open to all!
Whether you’re an experienced blockchain or non-blockchain developer, want to learn more about building on/for Algorand, or are entirely new to the Web3 space, we welcome you!
As long as you are a legitimate citizen who is not within our list of ineligible countries, with an internet connection and are 18 years old and above. Please refer to the eligibility restrictions section on the Participation Agreement.
Yes! We want anyone with ideas or the passion to innovate to participate. Teams will however need at least one individual who can build/code a prototype as a code artefact is required for project submission.
The minimum number of participants in a team is 1, while the maximum number is 4.
Teams are recommended to be formed within your own locations & time zones to avoid time zone fatigue but this is not mandatory. You can choose to join a team located in another time zone as well.
View our detailed .
Yes! Only registered individuals are eligible to participate and collect the prizes. Please ensure that all members of your team have registered their teams accordingly as well.